Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Revising My GAME Plan

• What have I learned so far that I can apply in my instructional practice?

I have learned how important it is to incorporate Problem Based Learning projects into all content areas. This is much easier said than done; time constraints, training, organizing, and planning are all very difficult to 'juggle.' However, my students will benefit by using higher order thinking skills as they learn their standards based content. I am using more PBL projects in every area except for math; this is something I need to continue to work on. By creating a portfolio with subfolders for each project that incorporates technology use, I am promoting and modeling digital citizenship and responsibility. Through colloborating with other teachers, and learning through Walden and in-school training, my professional growth continues to be an on-going goal.


• Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will I set for myself?

After learning about how important educational networking is for my students, I would like to set up a blog for my students to communicate with each other on their Problem Based Learning projects.

• How will I extend what I have learned so far?

I will continue to find, share, and organize more technology tools and websites for my students to use for resources and projects. I will also require my students to validate and cite their sources and tools. I am determined to investigate and collaborate more to gather ideas for using PBL in math.

• What learning approaches will I try next time to improve my learning?

I will use more social networking through wikis and blogs to collaborate with my peers when creating or implementing PBL projects in my classroom - especially with our math content.

Davis, V.(2007).Spotlight on Technology:Social Networking and Online Collaboration, Part 2, Laureate Education, Inc, DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment