Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflecting on my GAME Plan

Reflecting on my GAME plan for Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas has made me much more aware of the necessity of formulating, carrying out, reevaluating, and continuously ‘tweaking’ my teaching strategies and lesson plans.

My GAME plan included two goals: (1) promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility and (2) engage in professional growth and leadership.
Working toward the first goal, I have realized how important it is to teach my students how to search, identify, and cite reliable websites. I find that each year my students are more and more technology savvy, but question their sources and depend on too much guidance to find a valid site. Through modeling this practice and facilitating their research for Problem-Based Learning, students will adopt this practice and become more digitally responsible themselves. I will also promote student awareness for citing and owning their own technology productions.

Working toward my second goal of engaging in professional growth and leadership will be a continuous ongoing goal. My district has a very strict policy against any social networking, blocking all educational networking, blogs, and wikis. This course has equipped me with very valuable insights to present when pursuing more 21st Century Skills for my students. I have also become more aware of the need for organizing all of my technology lessons into a portfolio with folders and subfolders. We are changing over to Standards Based Classrooms, with extensive requirements in all content areas, and by organizing this myriad of information, I will have much more time in the future for planning and facilitating.

The biggest impact of using a GAME plan and utilizing what I have learned through this course is the importance of implementing more Problem-Based Learning in my classroom. This will benefit my students’ learning and prepare them to be digitally responsible. Incorporating NET-S will ensure my students are true 21st century learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment